Thursday, October 13, 2011

Be Blunt or Rude but DON'T TELL A LIE.

Note: This is an old post, I just haven't had time to post it. All the posts that are coming up today are old.





Hello, everybody. Someone I know really well told me a BIG GIGANTIC LIE on Saturday.

Yes my dear ones, A LIE.

At the time you see, I didn't realize it was a lie. I was SO tired on Saturday night (somebody had a party earlier in the afternoon and of course being the world's most amazing sister that I am - I had to go) that when this particular lovely person told me this I was suspicious but of course I could not give a damn.
I think this person was covering up the truth to somehow IN THEIR OWN TWISTED MIND protect me and my sister.

Are you into Chinese culture? Yeah, didn't think so, neither am I. That is if you count that your interested in Chinese Astrology (The year of the pig, tiger, dog, snake and blah, blah) and things that GO BOOM, BOOM IN THE NIGHT then yeah I guess I actually listen when people talk about things like that.
So, last night when this (let's call her Phyliss shall we? And let's call the bad boy who told a lie Peter alright? Also we'll just call the guy who said the truth Lukii). Okay, so when Phyliss was opening her presents and Lukkii commented that the amount she received from this Chinese couple was 40.00 dollars and he was surprised to receive that amount because 4 is an - and this IS WHERE he poked his finger forward and wriggled it. Yep, like a guy's penis.

Anyway when I asked what that meant, Peter told me it meant something good, BUT I knew deep down inside it wasn't. Somehow I knew it meant bad luck. Lukii went on and said how with Chinese culture the numbers are lucky depending on how they sound with a particular word. And it's true.

I did some research and look what I found.

Number 4 (四; accounting 肆; pinyin ) is considered an unlucky number in Chinese because it is nearly homophonous to the word "death" (死 pinyin ). Due to that, many numbered product lines skip the "4": e.g. Nokia cell phones (there is no series beginning with a 4),[6] Palm[citation needed] PDAsCanon PowerShot G's series (after G3 goes G5), etc. In East Asia, some buildings do not have a 4th floor. (Compare with the Western practice of some buildings not having a 13th floor because 13 is considered unlucky.) In Hong Kong, some high-rise residential buildings literally miss all floor numbers with "4", e.g. 4, 14, 24, 34 and all 40–49 floors, in addition to not having a 13th floor. As a result, a building whose highest floor is number 50 may actually have only 35 physical floors.

*I always found it strange that Taylor Swift's lucky number is 13, when it's universally known that the number 13 is unlucky.  I think it's a matter of one's perception. If a lucky is unlucky to you, that it's lucky. If it isn't, it isn't. We're all different, that the dear Lord for that.

For the full article, please click this link. Numbers In Chinese Culture

So Lucky numbers are 2,3,5,6,7,8 and 9.
Unlucky numbers are 4,5,6,7.

Depending on different Chinese languages the numbers change. Did anyone else notice 4 is in the unlucky slot.

Somebody lied to me, and Just Another Girl doesn't like it one bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment